Essential Vitamins For Hair Loss
Essential Vitamins For Hair Loss:Hair loss is a common problem for men and women, especially in men these days. Unawareness of the causes makes it even horrible. Most common reasons, such as, aging, stress, excessive use of cosmetic products and hormonal changes affect hair follicles. Some face hair loss due to medical problems like, thyroid, lupus and cancer.
Vitamins and nutrient’s deficiency also contribute in hair fall. Meeting your daily vital vitamins requirement help in the process of hair growth and prevent hair falling.
Top Vitamins For Hair Loss:
Vitamins play an important role in hair growth and hair thickness. Getting the right proportion of hair growth vitamins enhances the health of the scalp and hair.
Biotin for Hair:
Biotin is also known as B7 or H, is related to B complex group of vitamins.
- It helps in strengthening up your hair and prevent hair fall.
- It assists in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and amino acid.
- Also, helps the body to convert food into glucose to produce energy.
- Commonly used supplement for the health and growth of the hair, skin and nails.
Biotin plays an important role in hair loss as many dermatologists prescribe biotin supplements for the medical treatment of hair loss. Its deficiency may cause dermatitis and hair fall.
- Daily dose for biotin:
- Children less than 3 years old: 10 to 20 micrograms (mcg)/day
- 4 to 6 years old: 25 mcg/day
- 7 to 10 years old: 30 mcg/day
- Teenagers and adults 30 to 100 mcg/day
Vitamin D for Hair:
Vitamin D is known as bone vitamin. It is very important for the overall health of the human body and for hair follicle as well.
- Vitamin D deficiency makes hair brittle and dry which results in hair loss.
- It is a fat-absorbing vitamin, helps in absorbing calcium that is necessary for health of scalp and hair.
- It helps immune system to protect body against viruses and harmful bacteria. Sun is the main source of vitamin D, due to indoor activities vitamin D deficiency is very common in these days.
- Daily dose for vitamin D:
- Infants and children up to 3 years: 400 mcg
- Children 4 to 10 years: 400 mcg
- Striplings and adults 200 to 400 mcg
- Pregnant and breast feeding females: 400 mcg
Niacin for Hair:
Niacin is very necessary for healthy hair growth and protects against hair fading. Its other name is vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid.
- It is a water-absorbant vitamin which transforms food into energy.
- Niacin helps in making blood circulation better by bringing blood to the scalp to provide oxygen and essential nutrients to hair follicles. A healthy scalp prevents hair loss, supports hair growth and strengthening.
Deficiency of vitamins might result in hair loss, such as, telogen effluvium. It pushes hair root to the resting state. To avoid hair loss, maintain a healthy diet full of necessary vitamins that lead you towards fuller, healthier and shining hair.
- Daily dose for niacin:
- Children under 18 years: No proven safe or effective dosage.
- Adults over 18 years: Daily dosage by mouth for adults, recommended by the Food and Nutrition Board is, 14 to 18 milligrams with an upper intake level of 35 milligrams.